Running And Blogging My Way Through Life.

Saturday 11 April 2015

Tooth Fairy

I remember as a kid being dragged to the dentist by my parents to get fitted for a brace but I cried hysterically and never went through with it. At the time, I was young and naïve. I thought I would 'look silly' wearing them, which is ridiculous considering the majority of school kids are fitted out with some metal! It's been greatly regretted every since. My teeth are not horrible or crooked by any stretch of the imagination and I have never had anyone comment negatively towards my smile – but it's something I have always wanted to get sorted. My front two teeth overlap slightly.. again, it's nothing major but I would be much happier with them a little straighter. If you can improve a part of yourself that has always been a creeping thought at the back of your mind – then why not!?

I'm extremely excited to join forces with Smile Plus Dental in Edinburgh and with the use of Invisalign – hopefully I can get a nice straight set of gnashers!

The whole process has completely amazed me. Invisalign isn't like a normal brace – which is perfect for my life as a busy athlete. Invisalign straightens teeth using a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that are custom-made specifically for your teeth. As you replace each aligner every two weeks, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week, gradually moving towards the projected final position.



Additionally, There is a much lower number of dental check ups compared to normal braces which is useful considering I can be away for months on end. The braces can also be sent out to my training camps abroad if I am not at home.

Furthermost, they are removable which gives you the choice rather than them being permanently fixed into your teeth. Obviously, in order to gain the best results – they are advised to be worn at all times. Invisalign is much more comfortable than normal 'train tracks' with no wires or brackets against the side of your mouth but can take a little getting used to at the beginning.


I am extremely excited to get started with my new brace – however this is for the long haul. With a projected plan of 18 months it's definitely a big commitment to undertake but one I am very eager to begin!


http://www.smileplusdentalcare.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment